Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Finally!

Finally, this morning for the first time, Rosa made a poopoo in the potty! There were many congratulations and big smiles. This has been an elusive accomplishment for Rosa, since she really likes her privacy when making poopoo; usually she goes behind a chair or into the laundry room with the door shut and loudly says "bye bye mommy" or "bye bye daddy" if one of us comes too close. So today, when she headed for the laundry room at her usual time, I finally managed to get her potty to her and take her diaper off in time, then let her shut the door and have her privacy. I was so good - I didn't even peek while she was in there working. And after a few minutes she came to the door and I heard her little voice say, "I made poopoo in the potty!" We called daddy in to look and there were lots of high fives. Potty training ain't over yet (by a long shot from what I've heard!), but this was a great breakthrough!

No comments:

Post a Comment