Wednesday, August 25, 2010

April 2010

And now for some long overdue (yet again) catch-up work. I've been so remiss in my blogging because I've been completely exhausted since about March. In the beginning, I wondered what the heck was wrong with me, but then eventually when smells started to bother me and I started gagging at weird times, I took a test and learned that Rosa's little brother or sister had started growing in mommy's belly. Like I said, I've been exhausted ever since, but generally am doing just fine. The baby is due in November, and we are keeping the gender a surprise. Rosa is pretty sure it's a baby boy. So this blog will be incorrectly titled in a few months since someone else will be keeping Rosa company on her adventures soon!

But for now, back to Rosa. Since I didn't do any blogging for several months, I've missed capturing all the day-to-day changes she's had, especially in language ability, which has been growing like crazy over the past few months. But by going back through all the videos in the last few days, it's just amazing how her abilities have exploded in that time. In the videos from April, she's saying a couple words together. I kind of remember when she would say, "I mommy" to mean something like "I want mommy to come here." Now she orders me around with perfect grammar!

So her language definitely continues to be so fascinating to watch develop. And now, without further ado, on to cute toddler pictures!

One of many merry-go-round pictures. Giraffes are unquestionably Rosa's favorite animal, so here's a shot of her riding one.

A late afternoon in Dolores Park, having a picnic with our friends Bill and Angela.

In March of this year, we started doing a share-care (one nanny watches two kids) with another girl in our neighborhood - it has been so great for Rosa to have a buddy to share days with when I'm at work! Rosa and Lina do all sorts of fun things together, but really love pretending to go night-night together in the pack-n-play.


In early April, Papa Frank and Nana Anita came to visit!

We had all sorts of adventures, including going to the zoo, doing the parachute (Rosa's favorite!) at the Rec Center,

doing many visits to playgrounds,

getting together with cousins Loretta and Norman,

and going to the beach, among other things!

Here's a picture of Rosa and some of her buddies, taking a popsicle break at the playground! Lucky kids!

Rosa and Mommy taking a rest break at a hike in Glen Canyon

All sorts of cuteness in this video - I won't even bother with any explanation.


Cousin Norman's excellent rendition of the classic, "Brown Bear, Brown Bear."


Rosa hugging Mr. Judd.


One of Rosa's friends had his 2nd birthday party at a place called Pump It Up, which is big party rooms filled with inflatable jumpy castles and 3-story giant slides. I had a conflict and couldn't go, but Jeff took Rosa to the party. He came home filled with stories of how she loved it so much that she was dripping with sweat by the end. Here's a video of fearless Rosa, 2 months shy of 2 years old, shoving the other kids out of the way to throw herself down the slide!

1 comment:

  1. I love Miss Rosa's play acting--taking Baby for a bicycle ride and, earlier, taking baby grocery shopping in her stroller, to name two examples. See you soon, Rosa! Love, Gama Yois

    ReplyDelete