Sunday, December 20, 2009

Tick tock! tick tock!

Rosa has learned her first song! (In English that is - she's been singing songs in Rosa for a little while.) It goes "Tick tock, tick tock, I'm a little cuckoo clock. Tick tock, tick tock, now I'm striking one o'clock. Bong" and then two o'clock, three, etc. And on the tick tocks, you tilt your head from side to side. I was singing it over and over at lunch today (it seemed to help!) and every time I would stop for a little bit, she would start singing "Tick tock tick tock" so I would start up again. We must have sang it close to 100 times. After lunch then, I would hear her singing "tick tock" to herself as she played before nap. And she even added "I'm a" after the tick tocks, but she couldn't quite get out "little cuckoo clock." I'm sure she will soon though. It totally gave me a little window into the future of Rosa singing songs!

And finally, here are a few pictures to go with the last few posts:

Us in front of the Christmas tree (the picture with Daddy in it will be on your Christmas cards, and I didn't want to give it away!)


Rosa's potty that she now refuses to sit on. Oh well - I had heard this would likely happen. Just need to give it time.

We go to story hour at a local bookstore. Rosa does pretty well paying attention to the songs and stories, but occasionally has to wander off into the wonderland of books.

Rosa and a little boy, enjoying their cheese. It was really cold for a couple weeks there (even had frost several mornings in a row), but now has warmed up a lot.

Rosa and her friend Ember. We had Ember and her mom over for dinner. Ember is also a picky eater. We joked that we could have dinner so our kids could not eat together. It went ok, but I think Ember ate better than Rosa.

We took an adventure this morning to go downtown and see the big Christmas tree in Union Square. Here's descending into the depths of the BART station.


On an empty cable car

The tree!


Rosa enjoyed the cone most of all.

1 comment: