Friday, December 11, 2009

Potty time

I ordered a little potty for Rosa and it came Wednesday night. I put it out in the bathroom this morning. Rosa has taken a huge interest in Jeff and my potty time in the last week or two (supposedly one of the signs that they might be receptive to potty training), so sure enough when I had to go before her nap, she was in there with me and very eager to see what was going on. After I went, I took her to her potty, took her pants down and diaper off, and waited to see what she would do. (Apparently I forgot that I promised Jeff I would wait until he was home for the first time on the potty - oops! It was just such a perfect opportunity!)

She sat right down and kept shifting around to look in every couple seconds. I looked too, and there was nothing in there. After a couple minutes of this, I told her that potty was all done and say bye bye to the potty, and picked her up to go into her bedroom for nap. She cried and screamed and struggled. She didn't calm down after a few seconds in her room, so I asked her if she wanted to go back to the potty. She nodded and immediately calmed down.

I took her back to the potty, and she sat down. I could see her tensing up her stomach muscles. After a little while, we looked in, and there was a little puddle of pee-pee! I was so excited that I kind of startled her with my praise. Then we both clapped, and she happily went into her room for nap! She was mad at me before because I didn't let her accomplish her pottying when I took her away too early, and then was happy after she got to "finish."

So Rosa's new words in the last couple days, perhaps obviously, are poo poo (which she says ALL the time now!) and pee pee. She also now says "straw straw" for strawberry, and soucio (dirty in spanish).

Until next time! (I'll try to take a tasteful potty picture too!)

1 comment: