Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Bee in mouth (turned out ok)

This morning Rosa and I were at the playground. She was like 15 feet away from me and I was trying to get her to crawl to me. Lately, we have also been practicing having her respond to my words (and tone), such as an emphatic "Nooooo," to keep her out of the garbage, rather than me physically keeping her away from it. This actually seems to be starting to work. Back to the playground - So this morning, she's like 15 feet from me and picks up something small and dark from the ground. It's going toward the mouth and I say, "Rosa, Noooooo. Not in the mouth." It goes right in and I'm too far away to stop it. I run over and fish it out... it's a slightly alive bee. For real. It took about a half hour for me to stop dwelling on that and having little internal freakouts.

But there were no tears. It didn't sting her and she had no clue that it wasn't just a dark wiggly cheerio.

1 comment: